Wednesday, September 28, 2011

  I don’t understand the cruelty I read in the papers and hear on the news.  I am confused at the angry attitudes of drivers with road rage. I don’t understand how an adult could harm a child. In confusion, I look to my heavenly Father and say, “What do I do?”
But then God reminds me that I will never feel at home here on earth, because I am an alien, a foreigner.  My true citizenship is in heaven and I’m just a foreign exchange student here for a short while.  I am not home yet.
The Bible tells us that we are citizens of heaven.  Our lives may be grand here on earth, but there will always be a longing that goes unmet while our feet are on this ground.  That is because we were made for heaven!  There will come a day when we will be completely at home, at rest, and at peace.  Until then, just remember, we are aliens and strangers in this world where we temporarily live.

No comments:

Post a Comment